ADVANTAGES OF KEEPING YOUR HOME ON DURING THE HOLIDAYS, Buyers, christmas, Family, finance, Hayley Slay, holidays, Holli Dennis, house, Houses, jeff, Jeff Alexander, Jefferson County, KEEPING YOUR HOME, kids, Kitchen, listing, Missouri, Mortgages, moving, Phyllis Alexander, Professional, Re/Max, real estate, realtor, Realtor.com, Saint Louis, Saint Louis County, sellers, selling, selling your home, st. louis, St. Louis City, taxes, The Alexander Team, www.AskPhyllis.com, ZillowPremierAgents
We sell houses all year long. Buyers reasons for looking for a new home vary greatly. For some the trigger to look can be anytime of the year, like expanding family, a pending job change, a substantial increase of income, etc… Should you keep your house on the Market?
- You have done the work to get your home ready. Most sellers have a period of fixing, painting, de-cluttering and depersonalizing their home. It has taken then several weeks to several months to prepare their home to list. The work is done. You may have to go through all or part of that process again.
- There are buyers looking because they need to. They are motivated to buy. All it takes is one buyer!
- Did you know the most common month for corporate relocations is January. Your home will already be on the market.
- Buying a home is emotional and a home decorated for the holidays can play on home buyers emotions.
- Potential tax breaks for home buyers if they can close by the end of the year. Yep, We have had buyers want to close by the end of December so they can take advantage of their tax write offs for that year.
- Most likely if you are selling, you are also buying. You can get a jump on the spring market yourself as inventory levels start to climb from January on.
So when it comes time to ask “Should I take my Home of the Market for the holidays?” there is no right or wrong on whether you should keep your home on the market for the holidays. It rely boils down to your personal decision and timing. However, there certainly can be some advantages to keep your home on the market!
Inspired by http://merrimackvalleymarealestate.com/should-i-take-my-home-off-the-market-for-the-holidays/